Driving in Costa Rica isn’t so similar to driving in the UK, so it is essential to understand some road rules prior to you start looking for an affordable car rental in Costa Rica. Here Tour Operators Costa Rica has explained a guide with some helpful driving tips for all of its clients.
Driving Rules And Regulations In Costa Rica:
- Drive on the right side & overtake on the left
- Passing on the right side isn’t permitted
- All commuters on a vehicle must put on seat belts
- Child seats are needed for kids under twelve or smaller than 1.45,
- In Costa Rica DUI (Driving under the Influence of Alcohol) is considered strictly and driving with a BAC (blood alcohol concentration) of more than 0.50 is considered under the influence.
- It is not allowed to use mobile phones while driving
- Yellow lines indicate areas where you’re not permitted to pass
- Driving on beaches is stringently banned everywhere, except when there’s no other path linking 2 towns.
Please ensure that you’re alert to all these rules before start driving in Costa Rica.
Speed Limits in Costa Rica:
Standard speed limits while driving in Costa Rica, which maybe differed by signs, for private automobiles without trailers are:
- On the highway, the speed limit is 120 km/h
- On secondary roads, the speed restriction is 60 k.p.h., unless otherwise indicated.
- In urban regions, the speed restriction is 40 k.p.h unless otherwise indicated.
- In front of hospitals & clinics and around school zones the speed limit is 25 k.p.h.
Now you’ve read our tips for driving in Costa Rica, why not consider a car rental in Costa Rica through us. Renting a car in Costa Rica is the best ways to take in all the sights and sounds of the country. Feel free to check out our wide range of car rental options that includes vehicles like Suzuki Jimny, Daihatsu Bego, Suzuki Grand Vitara, Toyota Rav 4, Nissan X-Trail, Toyota Prado 7, and Mitsubishi Montero 7 among others. To find a special rate on your Costa Rica car rental, call us now at +1-408-212-0995.