Costa Rica is green, serene, wild and wondrous making it a popular travel destination in the Central America among people. Filled with a beautiful selection of flora and fauna this place is ideal for nature lovers as well. If an adventurous trip on your mind then Costa Rica is the ultimate choice for you! Whether it’s hiking or surfing or rafting and everything in between you can experience the best here.
Facts making Costa Rica the ultimate choice of the travel freaks:
- Costa Rica is considered as the happiest country of the world according to the Happy Planet Index based upon the well being of humans and impact of environment.
- Being a peace loving country, Costa Rica has forbidden a standing army since 1949. Isn’t it great!
- Simple lifestyle of people has lead to impressively high life expectancy i.e. 79 years (higher than all other neighboring Central American countries). Particularly the Nicoya Peninsula is known for longevity.
- Literacy rate is 97.8% placing it among the top 40 countries around the world.
- Costa Rica aims and plans to get Carbon neutral by 2021. Isn’t it good news!
- A perfect place for coffee lovers as its coffee is among the best in the world.
- Adventurers find this place ideal for accomplishing their adventurous desires especially surfing, white-water rafting and hiking.
- More than a dozen volcanoes make it a heaven for volcano lovers including Arenal which is 5358 feet high.
- Comprising of 52 different species of hummingbirds make it the “Hummingbird Capital of the World”.